Overdraft Privilege is an easy way to avoid that momentary insufficient balance. It is a discretionary service designed to help prevent your insufficient funds items from being returned or declined. With Overdraft Privilege, we have the discretion to cover your overdrafts caused by checks, ACH debit transactions, in-person withdrawals or online banking transactions up to your Overdraft Privilege limit (including fees) if you inadvertently overdraw your account. When your items are paid, it can save you the embarrassment and inconvenience of a returned check or declined transaction and any additional fees normally charged by merchants for items returned to them.
- Standard Coverage* Standard Overdraft Privilege covers checks and other types of debit transactions drawn against your checking account when they are denied due to non-sufficient funds.
- Extended Coverage* Overdraft Privilege is not only available for checks and ACH debit transactions, but under your authorization, it also may be extended to cover your everyday Debit Card & ATM transactions. To authorize us to extend your Overdraft Privilege to pay overdrafts on everyday Debit Card transactions simply call 877.820.2265 or stop by the branch location nearest you.
Overdraft Privilege helps protect you against the additional costs, embarrassment, and inconvenience of an accidental overdraft on your account by giving you a reserve for emergencies and unexpected situations. There is no charge for having this discretionary privilege on your account unless you use the service. If you do not overdraw your account, you will never be charged an overdraft fee.
What Does It Cover?
Standard Coverage Includes:
- ACH / Preauthorized Debit Transactions
- Recurring Debit Transactions
- In-Person Teller Withdrawals
- Online or Telephone Transfers
- Bill Pay Transactions
Extended Coverage Includes:
All of the items in Standard Coverage, plus:
- ATM Card Withdrawals
- Everyday Debit Card Transactions
Click here for a description of our overdraft practices (PDF) and the options that are available to you.
To authorize us to pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions simply call 877.820.2265 or stop by the branch location nearest you.
Why Have Overdraft Privilege On Your Account?
- Convenience and flexibility in covering your payments
- Less likely to incur expensive merchant returned checks
- Avoid the embarrassment of a declined transaction
- No additional fees for having this service if you do not use it
- It protects your account against:
- Unforeseen expenses that may drain your account
- A delay in an expected deposit
- Honest mistakes in balancing your checkbook
Click here if you would like to review our Overdraft Coverage Disclosure (PDF)