We will be OPEN on Monday, January 20th. All transactions made on the 20th will be processed the following day.
Is it time to update your wallet for the new year?
Actually, it may be time to get rid of that old leather wallet altogether. Now you can with a digital wallet. The technology lets you simplify your life by safely storing all of your payment information on your smartphone. Making a purchase is easy and fast, which is great when you’re on the go.
What’s more, you can access your digital wallet from your mobile device, laptop or desktop computer. And all major carriers support the technology. Need more convincing? Check out some extra benefits of using a digital wallet:
- Your information is secure and transactions are encrypted. Instead of using your actual credit card or account numbers, digital wallets send two pieces of information to the terminal at checkout: a 16-digit token for the account number and a one-time code that’s created by your smartphone.
- No need to enter your credit card number or shipping address every time you make a purchase — it’s all stored and locked inside.
- Just hold your device near the terminal to complete a transaction. No more swiping, signing or waiting for your EMV chip card to be accepted.
- You can create stronger passwords for all of your credit and debit cards and websites since you don’t have to remember them.
- Keep all of your store loyalty cards, digital coupons, gift cards, boarding passes and tickets in one place.
- Make purchases and pay in apps. With just a touch you can order a meal, hail a ride or buy that new pair of jeans.
- Contactless payments are widely accepted by stores worldwide, and more are coming on board all of the time.
It’s easy to get started. Simply add your credit or debit card
from Macatawa Bank’s mobile banking app
to your Apple Pay®, or Android Pay™. Don’t worry, you’re still eligible for your card’s rewards, benefits and other protections.
Ditch the leather
You'll have one less thing to carry with you, one less thing to worry about losing, and most importantly one more layer of security when you switch to a digital wallet.
Learn more about digital wallets
Get a Rewards Debit Card
Visit our page about setting up your digital wallet by clicking the button below or call us at (877) 820-2265 for assistance.
We're happy to help.
Looking for answers? Need some sound advice? Want to talk over your financial options? Fill out the form below and we'll be in touch. * = Required field.