Health Savings Account Investment Program
The Health Savings Account Investment Program is designed to offer additional investment options* for pre-tax contributions made to your Health Savings Account (HSA) by offering Vanguard investment fund options.
Investment Fund Options:
Vanguard is one of the world’s largest investment management companies, serving individual investors, institutions, employer-sponsored retirement plans, and financial professionals. Should you choose the HSA Investment Program, you will have the opportunity to select from a variety of Vanguard Mutual Funds.
How it works:
• Investment of your contributions is self-directed from a pre-selected menu of investment mutual funds options.
• Your contributions will continue to be deposited directly to your HSA Checking Account.
• When the balance of your HSA Checking Account exceeds $3,000, funds will automatically be swept daily in $100 increments to your HSA Investment Account* and invested in the fund(s) you have selected.
• If the balance of your HSA Checking Account falls below $2,000, funds will automatically be swept from your HSA Investment Account* in $100 increments back to your HSA Checking Account.
• You will receive TWO Account Statements. A monthly HSA Checking Account statement and a quarterly HSA Investment Account* statement.
• Your HSA Investment Account* can be viewed online and you have ready access to the following information:
- Account Balances
- Investment Profiles
- Investment Returns
- Rate of Return
- Investment Elections
- Transfer Funds
- Rebalance of Portfolio
- Conform to Target
- Transaction History
- Web Requests
Call 877.820.2265 or e-mail HSA@macatawabank.com to request your HSA Investment Program Information Packet.
Your HSA Checking Account is insured by the FDIC; however, funds in your HSA Investment Account are:
*Not FDIC insured. Not guaranteed by the Bank. Not a deposit. Not insured by any Federal Government Agency and may lose value. Investment of your contributions is self-directed from a pre-selected menu of mutual funds